42. Cruz, Levy, ,4s Migracoes para o Recife, Vol. IV. Caracterizacao Social,
Recife, Institute Joaquim Nabuco de Pesquisas Sociais, 1961.
43. Blau, Peter, and Otis Dudley Duncan, The American Occupational Struc-
ture. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1967.
44. Lipset, Seymour, and Reinhard Bendix, Social Mobility in Industrial
Society, Berkeley and Los Angeles: Univ. of Calif. Press, 1959.
45. Bradfield, Stillman, "Some Occupational Aspects of Migration," Econ
Devel & Cult Change, Vol. 14, No. 1, 1965. pp. 61-70.
46. Cardona Gutierrez, Ramiro, "Migration, Urbanization y Margin alidad,"
Urbanizacibn y Marginalidad. Bogota: Asociacion Colombiana de Fa-cultades de Medicina, 1968.
47. Lewis, Oscar, "Urbanization Without Breakdown: a Case Study," Sci
Mon, July 1952. pp. 31-41.
48. Butterworth, Douglas S., "A Study of the Urbanization Process among
Mixtec Migrants from Tilantongo in Mexico City," Am Indig, Vol. 22, No. 3, 1962. pp. 257-274.
49. Hauser, Philip, "Observations on the Urban-Folk and Urban-Rural
Dichotomies as Forms of Western Ethnocentrism," The Study of Urbanization, Philip Hauser and Leo Schnore, eds. New York: John Wiley &Sons, 1965.
50. Inkeles, Alex, "Making Men Modern: On the Causes and Consequences of
Individual Change in Six Developing Countries," Am JSocial, Vol. 75, No. 2, 1969. pp. 208-225.
51. Mangin, William P., "Latin American Squatter Settlements: A Problem
and Solution," Lat AmRes R, Vol. 2, No. 3, 1967. pp. 65-98.
52. Leeds, Anthony, and Elizabeth Leeds, "Brazil and the Myth of Urban
Rurality: Urban Experience, Work, and Values in 'Squatments' of Rio de Janeiro and Lima," Conference on Urbanization and Work in Modernizing Societies. St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, September 2-4, 1967.
53. Turner, John C., Asentamientos Urbanos no Regulados, Cuadernos de la
Sociedad Venezolana de Planificacion No. 36. Caracas: Editorial Latlna, 1966.
54. Bogue, Donald, Principles of Demography. New York: John Wiley &
55. Balan, Jorge, et al., "A Computerized Approach to the Processing and
Analysis of Life Histories Obtained in Sample Surveys," Behav Sci, Vol. 14, No. 2, 1969. pp. 105-120.ural-Urban Migration in Taiwan,"